White House COVID-19 College Vaccine Challenge
New York Tech is part of the White House and U.S. Department of Education’s COVID-19 College Vaccine Challenge, joining forces with nearly 100 colleges in New York State and more than 600 in the U.S. to help end the pandemic. Participating colleges have committed to taking three key actions to get their campus communities vaccinated:
- Engaging every student, faculty, and staff member to educate them about the vaccine and ensure they are aware of the resources available.
- Organizing their college communities to get as many community members vaccinated as possible.
- Delivering vaccine access for all.
There are many ways to find a vaccine near you. You can:
- Go to the vaccines.gov website.
- Text your Zip code to 438829.
- Call 1-800-232-0233.
- Make an appointment at the New York Tech Academic Health Care Center (Long Island).
- Thursday, October 14, 12:45 – 1:50 p.m.: New York Tech will host a vaccination event for all students, faculty, and staff at the Long Island campus in conjunction with the Spooktacular Painting event being held in the SAC Lobby. The event will include free first-dose Moderna vaccines.*
- Ongoing: Vaccine appointments are available at the Academic Health Care Center, Long Island campus. Call 516.686.1300 for an appointment.
*A free, second-dose vaccine can be scheduled by calling the Academic Health Care Center, Long Island campus, at 516.686.1300.
Participate in the Challenge
Students: Join the COVID-19 Community Corps
Support the effort by joining the COVID-19 Community Corps. Receive timely, accurate information to share with family, friends, and neighbors. By encouraging them to get vaccinated, you’ll help to protect them and allow all of us to safely gather together again. As a Corps member, you’ll get resources to help you build vaccine confidence in your community, including:
- Fact sheets on vaccine safety, tips on how to talk with friends and family about the importance of vaccination, and hints for planning and attending community events.
- Social media content to share with your followers.
- Regular email updates with the latest vaccine news and resources to share.
Engage friends and family to get vaccinated. Use #COVIDCollegeChallenge and #WeCanDoThis in your social media and promote yourself as a vaccine champion using these toolkits:
Get Vaccinated: Community Members Share Their Stories
“I got vaccinated to protect my family, especially my grandfather who is more than 80 years old. It is important to protect those around you, that is why I also encouraged my immediate family and friends to get vaccinated too!”
– Anoushka Guha
SGA-Long Island President
“As any disease that has been vanquished by modern medicine (such as Polio), COVID-19 and its variants can only be slowed down through mass vaccination. For my own protection, as well as that of my loved ones, co-workers, and students, getting vaccinated was an obvious choice.
– Babak D. Beheshti
College of Engineering and Computing Sciences Dean
“I received the COVID-19 vaccine in memory of my father who passed due to this virus and because I believe in science. Receiving the vaccine allowed me to spend time with my loved ones who I had not seen for over a year.”
– Felipe Henao
Dean of Students
“I was vaccinated because I trust in science and I trust that this is the way to keep my friends and family safe. Living in New York City, there are so many people around and I want to help stop the spread of COVID-19 in my community.”
– Lillian Pratt
SGA-New York City President